Roasted Eggplant And White Bean HummusFrom fluffy24 5 years ago
- •1 (1 1/2-pound) eggplant or 3 Japanese eggplants, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces shopping list
- •olive oil, for drizzling, plus 1/3 cup shopping list
- •kosher salt, for seasoning, plus 1/2 teaspoon shopping list
- •Freshly ground black pepper, for seasoning, plus 1/4 teaspoon shopping list
- •1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- •1/3 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley shopping list
- •3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from about 1 lemon) shopping list
- •1 clove garlic shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and place an oven rack in the middle.
- Place the eggplant on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the cooled eggplant, beans, parsley, lemon juice, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pulse until the mixture is coarsely chopped. With the machine running, gradually add 1/3 cup of olive oil until the mixture is creamy. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place the hummus in a dipping bowl and serve with the cut up vegetables.
- Can also add to your favorite sandwich.
The Cookfluffy24 Cranston, RI
- Not added to any groups yet!