Teriyaki - Hoisin Eggplant SteaksFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- 1/4 cup sugar-free teriyaki sauce (like Seal Sama) shopping list
- 1/4 cup Steel's hoisin sauce shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tsp rice vinegar shopping list
- 1 tsp mushroom soy sauce shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs eggplant, sliced lengthwise into 3/4" thick pieces (purge with salt if it is overly large or bitter) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F, grease two rimmed cookie sheets.
- In a bowl, mix together teriyaki sauce, hoisin sauce, garlic, rice vinegar and soy sauce.
- Place eggplant slices in a shallow dish and pour the marinade overtop See Photo. Turn slices to coat and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Remove eggplant from the marinade and place on the prepared sheets.
- Bake 8 minutes each side, flipping halfway through.
- Turn oven to broil and roast 1 minute on each side, until browned and tender all the way through.