Risotto Agli Asparagi ( Asparagus Risotto)From Pinchofsaffron 4 years ago
- 2 Cups (400gr.) Arborio or Carnaroli rice shopping list
- 1 Cup (240 gr.) dry white wine shopping list
- 1 Cup (70 gr.) mushrooms, chopped shopping list
- 1 Medium size onion, finely diced shopping list
- 1 Cup (135 gr.) asparagus, cut in medium size pieces shopping list
- ½ cup (70 gr.) parmigiano Reggiano or Grana Padano, grated shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons (40gr.) olive oil shopping list
- A pinch of saffron shopping list
- 7 cups (1.7ml) home made vegetable broth shopping list
- black pepper, ground to taste shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Clean asparagus thoroughly under running water, remove the hard part of the stem, than chop the asparagus about one inch lengthwise. See Photo
- Make sure the Broth is boiling. In a wide bottom pot, over medium to high heat add the olive oil. When the oil is hot add the finely chopped onions, let it cook until translucent. See Photo
- Add the rice and toast it for a minute, than add the white wine and stir the rice See Photo. When the wine is fully evaporated.
- Add a couple of ladles full of hot broth and keep stirring.
- After about 5 min add the asparagus and the mushrooms. When the broth is absorbed, add a couple of ladles of broth, a pinch of salt and pepper and cook over low heat making sure to frequently stir. Continue to add the broth as it is absorbed; make sure not to let the risotto to get too dry.
- When you are about 3 min before the end of cooking time (the rice will cook in roughly 15 to 20min), add the saffron melt in a ladle of broth. Stir well until the rice starts getting the nice yellow color of the saffron. At this point add the Parmigiano Reggiano stir well until nice and creamy.Turn off the heat, check if any more salt and pepper needs to be added.
- Let it sit for a min, than serve. You can garnish the plate with some more Parmigiano shavings on top of the plate. See Photo
The CookPinchofsaffron San Francisco, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!