Thai Jicama SaladFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1 medium jicama finely shredded shopping list
- 1 medium granny smith apple finely shredded shopping list
- 1/2 medium red onion finely sliced shopping list
- 4 Brussels sprouts trimmed then cut in half and finely shredded shopping list
- 1 small jalapeno shaved slices shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro roughly chopped shopping list
- juice from 3 limes shopping list
- 2 tablespoon garlic chili sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon hot mustard shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ginger put through garlic press shopping list
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste shopping list
- 4 tablespoons Asian peanut oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium mixing bowl add jicama, apple, onion, brussels sprouts, jalapeno and cilantro.
- Squeeze juice from one lime over the ingredients then toss to coat.
- In another mixing bowl add the garlic chili sauce, mustard, ginger, juice from the other two limes and anchovy paste.
- Whisk to blend.
- Continuously whisk the ingredients while drizzling in the peanut oil to form an emulsified vinaigrette.
- Pour the vinaigrette over jicama salad and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper then chill at least two hours before serving.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!