Pizza With SquidFrom fluffy24 6 years ago
- Pinch of saffron threads shopping list
- 1 teaspoon water shopping list
- 1 large egg yolk shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing shopping list
- salt shopping list
- cayenne pepper shopping list
- 6 ounces cleaned squid—tentacles halved, bodies sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- all-purpose flour, for dusting shopping list
- 6 ounces pizza dough shopping list
- Pinch of crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 large plum tomato, diced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped marjoram shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Preheat the oven to 500°. Preheat a pizza stone. In a small bowl, crumble the saffron into the water; let steep for 5 minutes. In a blender or bowl, beat the egg yolk with the garlic and 1 teaspoon of the lemon juice. Gradually add the 3/4 cup of olive oil, beating constantly, until very thick. Stir in the remaining 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and the saffron water and season the aioli with salt and cayenne.
- 2.In a skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil until shimmering. Add the squid, season with salt and black pepper and cook over high heat until just starting to whiten, 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate.
- 3.On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the pizza dough to a 12-inch round, 1/4 inch thick. Transfer the round to a lightly floured pizza peel. Leaving a 1/2-inch border of dough, brush the round with olive oil and sprinkle with crushed red pepper, salt and black pepper. Scatter the onion slices over the round and top with the squid, tomato and marjoram.
- 4.Slide the pizza onto the hot stone and bake for about 5 minutes, until the bottom is crisp. Transfer the pizza to a work surface and drizzle with 3 tablespoons of the aioli. Reserve the remaining aioli for another use. Garnish the pizza with the parsley, cut into wedges and serve.
- Make Ahead
- The saffron aioli can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- fluffy24 Cranston, RI
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookfluffy24 Cranston, RI
- Not added to any groups yet!