Enchiladas With Ancho SauceFrom twill10 5 years ago
- Ancho Sauce shopping list
- 6 ancho chiles, core and seeds removed shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- 1/4 small yellow or white onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano (1 teaspoon fresh) shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- Put first 4 ingredients in a pan, cover with water, and boil until the chiles become very soft, about 20 minutes. Purée in a blender and press through a strainer. Add salt. (Note: This recipe makes enough sauce to coat the enchiladas; if you want more, double the amounts.) shopping list
How to make it
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (for sautéing)
- 12 corn tortillas
- 12 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 4 ounces queso fresco, grated (about 1 cup), for garnish
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 cup crema fresca or sour cream
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Dip tortillas in chile sauce, then cook briefly in the hot oil (no more than 5 seconds on each side or they will disintegrate). Place each tortilla on a flat surface, sprinkle Monterey Jack cheese on it (slightly off center), roll up snugly, and put on an ungreased baking sheet with the seam side down. Heat in oven until cheese melts, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Garnish enchiladas with queso fresco, onion, cilantro, and a dollop of crema fresca. Makes a dozen enchiladas.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- twill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!