Ajvar-eggplant Red Pepper SpreadFrom midgelet 4 years ago
- 1 med eggplant peeled ( if unpeeled the color won't be as intense red- orange but for the recipe I did include the peel ) shopping list
- Or several smaller eggplants to avoid to many seeds which Idon't like shopping list
- 2 large red bell peppers seeded shopping list
- 1 small white sweet onion shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil or to taste shopping list
- white vinegar, few drops to taste shopping list
- sugar or Splenda to taste, perhjaps only a tsp or to taste shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- I simply cook the vegetable is a small amt of water in the micro on high for several minutes or until the veges are tender. Drain any excess liquid and set aside( use it to thin out mixture if needed)
- Place the mixture either in a blender or food processor and process or blend smooth
- Now season with some olive oil, salt, pepper, vinegar and sugar.
- The mixture should not be too sweet or to bitter so season to your desire.
- and it should be thick and spreadable
- This is wonderful served either chilled or at room temp. You'll find many ways to use this wonderful and healthy recipe
- Careful, it stains!!!
- NOTE: one can make this spread hot by adding some hot peppers to the mixture. I don't care for hot peppery stuff. And one can also add some chili powder to the mixture instead of the fresh hot peppers if desired