Chorizo And Black Olive PizzaFrom hlaggan 5 years ago
- For the base shopping list
- 230g strong white flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried yeast shopping list
- ½ teaspoon caster sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 125ml warm water shopping list
- flour for dusting shopping list
- NB A shop bought base may be used in its place, in which case preheat your oven as direct by the base manufacturer and skip straight to the topping shopping list
- For the topping shopping list
- 4 tablespoons tomato sauce shopping list
- 50g semi-cured manchego cheese, shaved shopping list
- 100g fresh chorizo, cubed shopping list
- 12 Spanish black olives, pitted shopping list
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
How to make it
- The Base
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl. Add the salt, the yeast and then the sugar. Mix together and then make a well in the middle of the mixture.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and the water together and add it into the flour mixture. Mix well with your fingers; you will finish with a soft ball and the bowl will be clean when you have finished mixing. Place the dough onto a floured work surface and knead it well for approximately 4 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to an oily bowl and rub the surface of the dough with a little more oil, cover with a damp cloth and keep in a warm place to rise for about 1 hour – the dough should double in size.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/ gas 7.
- Place the dough on a floured work surface and knead for 3 more minutes. With your hands, stretch the dough to make the shape and thickness you want. Brush with olive oil and place the pizza base on a non-stick baking tray.
- Now we can start topping the Spanish pizza. First place the tomato sauce on the base and spread well. Add the cheese, chorizo cubes and olives and season with salt and pepper and oregano.
- Place the pizza in the oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until the edges are turning golden.
- Serve with a green salad.
The Cookhlaggan Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!