Grilled Tuna With Roast TomatoesFrom hlaggan 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F/gas 2.
- Mix the cherry tomatoes, garlic, 5 tablespoons of the oil and oregano (or marjoram) in a bowl before pouring everything onto a baking tray. Roast for around 15 to 20 minutes, until the tomatoes look as though they are about to collapse and their skins are crinkled. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Once they’ve cooled, add the tomatoes to a salad bowl, scraping in the delicious juices from the baking tray, then stir through the capers and olives.
- Ideally, for the next stage you should use a ridged griddle pan. If you don’t have one of these, use a heavy-duty cast-iron frying pan instead. Heat the griddle pan until it’s very hot before adding the remaining oil. Season the tuna steaks and add them to the pan – don’t overcrowd the pan – if you’ve got a large grill or barbecue, then of course they can be cooked all at the same time. I love rare tuna, which means that the steaks need only a minute or so on each side, but grill the tuna according to how well cooked you like them.
- Place the tuna steaks on plates and put the tomatoes on top and around the sides of the steaks. Eat immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- hlaggan Nowhere, Us
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookhlaggan Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!