Baked Cornish HensFrom twill10 6 years ago
How to make it
- Clean and dry hens. Season in and out with salt and pepper. Refrigerate overnight. When ready to bake, insert a whole onion in cavity of each hen and place in roasting pan, leaving space between them.
- In small saucepan put butter, Kitchen Bouquet, and orange marmalade; heat together until butter has melted and mixture is blended. Spoon over the hens and bake at 350 degrees until tender, about 1 1/2 hours, basting often.
- If sauce cooks down before hens are done, add a little hot water to the pan to assure having some of the delicious sauce left to accompany hens. If hens appear to be getting dry during the baking, place a piece of foil loosely over the pan to retard the browning. Yield: 8 servings.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- twill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!