Margherita Pizza WrapFrom canned_food_fan 6 years ago
- 1 cup uncooked whole-wheat couscous shopping list
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided shopping list
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, slightly drained shopping list
- 1/4 cup green onion shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning shopping list
- 6 tomato-flavored tortillas shopping list
- 6 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 3/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare couscous according to package directions, using 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cool. In a medium bowl combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, beans, tomatoes, green onion, garlic and Italian seasoning. Blend well.
- Add cooked couscous; toss gently with fork to mix. Warm the tortillas*. Spread 2/3 cup of the bean-tomato-couscous mixture on the bottom half of each tortilla, leaving room on the edges. Sprinkle with cheese. Layer with basil leaves. Fold the side and bottom edges of each tortilla toward the middle over the filling, then roll so the tortilla covers the filling.
- * To make them more pliable before wrapping, warm tortillas: - Microwave oven: 10 to 15 seconds on high heat - Oven: 3 to 5 minutes at 350ºF in aluminum foil - Stovetop: 15 seconds per side over medium-high heat in a large, non-stick skillet
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 450; Total fat 15g; Saturated fat 3g; Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 760mg; Carbohydrate 66g; Fiber 8g; Protein 14g; Vitamin A 6%DV**; Vitamin C 15%DV; Calcium 20%DV; Iron 25%DV; Folate 20%DV; Potassium 4%DV **Daily Value
The Cookcanned_food_fan Pittsburgh, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!