Squash CasseroleFrom twill10 6 years ago
- squash Casserole shopping list
- 4 med. yellow squash shopping list
- 6 Tbsps. butter shopping list
- 2 cups evaporated milk shopping list
- 2 cups bread crumbs (dry) shopping list
- 4 Tbsps. onion (grated) shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup cracker crumbs (buttered) shopping list
How to make it
- Quarter, slice and cook squash, drain and place in a mixing bowl then mash with a fork, leave some chunks. Melt butter in hot milk and pour over bread crumbs, mix well and add to the squash. Beat eggs then add salt, pepper, and onion add this to squash mixture stirring good. Pour into a buttered baking dish and top with buttered cracker crumbs. Bake at 300 for 30 to 45 mins. until it browns lightly.
- serves 6 to 8
- I have made one a little different from this recipe. I used the Ore Ida fried onionrings as my stuffing and also used about 1/4 of a died bell pepper. I didnt use the milk, onion,bread crumbs or eggs.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- twill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!