Soba noodles with chickenFrom atealee 7 years ago
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless shopping list
- 1 c water shopping list
- 1 tbsp each: soy sauce, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, sugar shopping list
- 1 package buckwheat noodles, cooked according to package, drained shopping list
- 1/2 c carrots, thinly sliced, bias cut shopping list
- 3 stalks of green onions, bias cut shopping list
- 1/2 c shredded cabbage shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, chopped shopping list
- 1 inch grated ginger shopping list
- Slurry: 2 tbsp water + 1 tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- black pepper, to taste shopping list
- toasted sesame seeds, garnish shopping list
- Chopped cilantro, garnish shopping list
- sesame oil shopping list
- Chopped cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium pan, heat water and chicken with seasonings (soy sauce, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce and sugar.) Let it boil and turn down heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove chicken and thinly shred meat . Reserve seasoned broth.
- Cook noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large heated saute pan, add some oil and saute together carrots, green onions, cabbage, ginger and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add shredded chicken to the vegetables and saute for 1 minute. Taste and season with black pepper.
- Pour slurry and stir until desired thickness.
- Add noodles and gently stir mixture.
- To serve, sprinkle noodles with sesame seeds, cilantro, and a drop of sesame oil.
The Cookatealee San Diego, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!