Green Thai Curry With TofuFrom lenarae 5 years ago
- 1 package of firm or extra firm tofu shopping list
- 2 tbs of butter shopping list
- 2 cans coconut milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup green curry paste shopping list
- 1 sweet potato diced shopping list
- 3 Serrano chiles chopped and seeded, or not if you like it hot shopping list
- 1 Tbs brown sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbs fish sauce shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger sliced shopping list
- A handful of cilantro shopping list
- A few basil leaves shopping list
- A dollop of plain yogurt shopping list
- lime wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Get the butter melting in a pretty big non stick pan.
- Cut up you tofu into bite sized pieces.
- Turn up the heat to get the butter sizzling a little.
- Add the tofu a handful at a time. Push them around every once in awhile.
- While your tofu is browning pour both cans of coconut milk into a pot and put it on medium heat to get it boiling gently.
- Gently boil the coconut milk for 8-10 minutes. You'll start to smell coconut when it is done.
- Now add green curry paste and stir it in.
- Boil it again for another 1 or 2 minutes.
- Dump the coconut milk curry mixture into the pan with the tofu.
- Put over a medium low heat.
- Add the chiles, diced sweet potato, sugar, fish sauce, salt and ginger. Stir them up.
- Simmer that vigorously until the sweet potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Serve over white rice, jasmine is good.
- Garnish, now this is important. Garnish this with plenty of fresh cilantro and basil. Top that with some plain yogurt and then squeeze a lime wedge over the whole thing. you could even squeeze two if you wanted. You are really going to like this.
The Cooklenarae West, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!