Pickled TurnipsFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 5 quarts water boiled then cooled to room temperature shopping list
- 4 tablespoons salt shopping list
- 1 large pickling jar or any large jar with a tight fitting lid shopping list
- 5 medium turnips scrubbed trimmed and quartered shopping list
- 1 medium beet scrubbed trimmed peeled and sliced in 1/2" thick slices shopping list
How to make it
- Put water in the pickling jar.
- Stir the salt into the water until completely dissolved.
- Place the turnip and beet slices in the salt water and allow to pickle for 4 weeks.
- When ready to serve remove from salt water and drip dry then put in a serving dish and serve.
- Leave pickled turnips in salt water until ready to eat.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!