Whole Wheat Penne With Broccoli And SausageFrom valinkenmore 6 years ago
- 12 ounces whole wheat penne pasta shopping list
- 1 large bunch broccoli, cut into florets shopping list
- 12 ounces hot Italian turkey sausage shopping list
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, each cut in half shopping list
- 1/2 cup (loosely packed) fresh basil leaves, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano or parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat large saucepot of salted water to boiling on high. Add pasta and cook as label directs, adding broccoli when 3 minutes of cooking time remain. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water; drain pasta and broccoli.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice sausage on the diagonal. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook sausage on medium 7 to 8 minutes or until it begins to brown, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes and cook 5 minutes longer, stirring.
- Stir pasta, broccoli, and 1/4 cup pasta cooking water into sausage mixture in skillet; heat through, adding additional cooking water if needed. Remove from heat; stir in basil and cheese.
The Cookvalinkenmore Malott, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!