Fresh Fig BarsFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 4 cup fresh figs chopped shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 cup honey shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1 cup shortening shopping list
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed shopping list
- 2 cups sifted flour shopping list
- 3 cups quick cooking oatmeal shopping list
How to make it
- Combine figs, water, honey, salt and lemon peel in saucepan and simmer 1-1/2 hours stirring occasionally.
- Combine 2 tablespoons flour and water and stir into fig mixture.
- Cook 5 minutes longer stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and walnuts.
- Cream shortening with brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and oatmeal and stir into creamed mixture.
- Pat half of oatmeal mixture into bottom of a well greased rectangular pan.
- Spread fig filling evenly over oatmeal mixture then sprinkle remaining half of oatmeal mixture on top and press with fork.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares while still warm.
- Cool completely before removing from pan.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!