Double Boiled Winter Melon SoupFrom quaypocooks 4 years ago
- 1.8 to 2 kg Winder Melon shopping list
- 5 or 6 dried scallops (whole) shopping list
- 3 dried shitake mushroom (finely diced) shopping list
- 4 water chestnut (finely diced) shopping list
- 150 gm chicken breast meat diced) shopping list
- 20gm young ginger (finely diced) shopping list
- 1 ts vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 ts sesame oil (optional) shopping list
- 1 cube chicken stock (without msg) (if you have homemade chicken broth, then you replace water with it and you do not need the cube chicken stock) shopping list
- Salt and white pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preparation of Melon
- Stand the melon on a flat surface. Use a pencil to make markings around it about ¼ height of the melon from the top. On a cutting board, place melon on its side and cut along the markings to make the lid. Scoop out seeds and pulp until wall is about ¾ inches thick. Discard the seeds and pulp and place melon in a heat proof dish.
- Preparation of ingredients:
- Heat vegetable oil in wok and sauté ginger and dried mushroom till ginger is fragrant. Put them in the melon. Then add all the other ingredients in the melon and cover them with water. Close the top and secure the lid with tooth picks. Transfer the dish on the rack in a large wok or steamer and steam over medium heat for 1 – ½ hours. Before serving, season with salt and white pepper and a drop or two of sesame oil.
- How to serve:
- You can serve the whole melon in the heat proof dish or you can scoop our the flesh of the melon into the soup and transfer everything into a serving bowl.
The Cookquaypocooks Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
- Not added to any groups yet!