The Best Chicken Tortilla SoupFrom rainydayreader 6 years ago
- 6 Tbs canola oil shopping list
- 8 corn tortillas, chopped shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 2 Tbs ground cumin shopping list
- 1 Tbs chili powder shopping list
- 3 bay leaves shopping list
- 6 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 4 large chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded shopping list
- shredded jack cheese shopping list
- diced avocado shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
- 2 corn tortillas, sliced and fried crisp shopping list
How to make it
- In dutch oven, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the tortillas, garlic, cilantro and onion, cooking for 2-3 minutes
- Add the tomatoes, bringing to a boil
- Add cumin, chili powder and bay leaves.
- Add chicken stock and return to boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Add salt and cayenne and simmer for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves and stir in shredded chicken.
- Garnish with cheese, avocado, sour cream and tortillas if desired.
The Cookrainydayreader Maple Valley, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!