Kilted Chicken And Whiskey SauceFrom angelarmck 3 years ago
- 2 chicken breasts shopping list
- 6 slices of bacon (unsmoked) shopping list
- 2 slices of black pudding (blood sausage)or haggis shopping list
- Whisky Sauce shopping list
- 500ml/17fl oz double cream shopping list
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard shopping list
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 tsp whisky shopping list
- sea salt and freshly ground white pepper shopping list
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives, ½ lemon, juice only shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oven to 190c /375 F
- slit the chicken breasts open insert the black pudding or haggis close the breast and wrap 3 slices of bacon around it, put on to a baking tray and cover with foil then bake for 25min check to see it the chiken is cooked through then remove from the oven and serve with neeps(mashed turnip) and mashed tatties, and either gravy or whisky sauce.
- For the whisky sauce, heat the double cream in a pan over a medium heat. Add the wholegrain mustard, Dijon mustard and whisky and stir to combine. Increase the heat until the mixture is simmering and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground white pepper. Stir in the tablespoon of chives, then whisk in the lemon juice.
The Cookangelarmck Scotland, Uk
- Not added to any groups yet!