Home-made Macaroni And CheeseFrom Brenty10 4 years ago
- 1-1 1/2 elbow macaroni, (6 ounces) shopping list
- 1/4 C. margarine or butter shopping list
- 1 small onion (or diced onion in the spice aisle) shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 Tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1/4 C. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 3/4 C. milk shopping list
- 8 ounces sharp american or swiss cheese (cut into 1/2 in. cubes) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. cook macaroni.
- 2. cook ans stir margarine, onion, salt, pepper until onion slightly tender.
- 3. blend in flour.
- 4. cook over low heat until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- 5. remove from heat.
- 6. stir in milk.
- 7. heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- 8. boil and stir 1 min. remove from heat.
- 9. stir in cheese until melted.
- 10. place macaroni in ungreased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- 11. stir cheese sauce into macaroni.
- 12. cook at 375* oven 30 min.
The CookBrenty10 Toronto, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!