Pork Egg Foo Young My WayFrom FavoriteFixins 6 years ago
- INGREDIENTS: shopping list
- 6 extra large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup bean sprouts (drain if canned) (rinse if fresh) shopping list
- 1 half box frozen peas (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 4 scallions sliced shopping list
- 1 carrot finely diced or shredded shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced, cooked pork, ham, chicken or shrimp shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- oil for frying (Peanut, vegetable or Canola) shopping list
- Gravy: shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 tsp molasses shopping list
- 1 tsp soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp cornstarch shopping list
- 2 Tbsp Cold water shopping list
How to make it
- In very large bowl whisk eggs, add bean sprouts, cooked pork.
- In 2 Tbsp oil, saute' carrots, onions and scallions until crisp tender. Add garlic for a few seconds, do not burn garlic, ginger and 5 spice. Add cornstarch, stir well then add soy sauce. Remove with slotted spoon and add to egg mixture. Add salt and pepper stir well.
- In a large, wide non stick frying pan, heat 2 Tbs oil. Using a deep ladle, carefully spoon egg mixture into hot oil on medium heat. When omelet sets and is golden brown, turn to cook other side. Carefully lift omelet out of pan with slotted spatula. Add oil to pan if needed.
- In a small saucepan, heat chicken stock, molasses and soy sauce on medium heat.
- Mix the cornstarch and water until smooth. Once the stock comes to a bubble, add the cornstarch and water. Stir on low until sauce thickens.
The CookFavoriteFixins Daytona Beach, Florida
- Not added to any groups yet!