Yellow Split Pea Vegetable Beef SoupFrom midgelet 3 years ago
- 1 pkg, dry yellow split peas shopping list
- 2 large tomatoes cubed shopping list
- 1 large green pepper diced shopping list
- 1 cup celery diced shopping list
- 1 large onion diced shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves sliced shopping list
- 3 carrots cut into rings shopping list
- 1 lb bean cubes for stew cut up shopping list
- 8 cups water, vegetable or beef broth shopping list
- salt, pepper, thyme to taste shopping list
- 1 large bay leaf shopping list
- boullion paste to taste if not using beef stock shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse peas and place in pot with remaining ingredients except seasonings.
- Cook low 10 to 12 hours or until everything is tender.
- Remove bay leaf
- Season to taste
- Note: replace the beef in recipe with chicken if desired and of course use green split peas to. Sometimes I really enjoy the yellow ones just for the golden color of the soup!
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
- Not added to any groups yet!