Deep-fried Szechuan BrinjalFrom jmp629 8 years ago
- 1 cup oil for deep frying shopping list
- 750g brinjal, cut into 5cm lenghts & halved shopping list
- 2 tbsp oil, extra shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 100g minced chicken shopping list
- 200g prawns, shelled & chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsp hot bean paste (also known as Sze Chuan sauce. Available @ supermarkets or Chinese grocery stores) shopping list
- 1 tsp rice wine (optional) shopping list
- 1 tsp light soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp cornflour mixed with 1 tsp water shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in wok & deep-fry brinjal for 2-3 mins. Remove & drain on paper towels. Discard oil.
- In another clean wok, heat extra oil & stir-fry garlic. Add chicken & prawns; stir-fry for another 2 mins.
- Add bean paste, rice wine (optional), soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, sugar & cornflour mixture. Stir to mix well. Put brinjal back in wok & cook till sauce thickens.
The Cookjmp629 Puchong, MY
- Not added to any groups yet!