Tuna And Green Olive PastriesFrom hlaggan 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 small onion, sliced shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 free-range eggs, plus 1 more to bake the pastries shopping list
- 1 x 185g tin tuna in olive oil shopping list
- 20 green Spanish olives, such as Manzanilla, pitted and chopped shopping list
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 375g puff pastry shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the onion and garlic over a low heat – don’t let them turn golden, just until they are very soft.
- Meanwhile, boil the 2 eggs for 10 minutes in boiling water, add a teaspoon of salt to the water – it makes it easier to peel the eggs. Leave to cool and then dice them finely.
- Drain the tuna well and place it into the onion-garlic mixture. Warm it through and then add the chopped egg and the olives.
- Preheat the oven 220°C/425°F/ gas 7.
- Roll out the pastry until it’s very thin, around 2mm, and cut out eight 15cm circles. Spoon an eighth of the tuna mixture into one half of each circle, making sure you leave the edges clear. Fold the other half of the pastry circle over and stick the edges with a little water. Finish off by pressing the edges together with the prongs of a fork.
- Beat the remaining egg and brush the pastries with it. Place the pastries on a baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve with tapenade and a green salad.
The Cookhlaggan Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!