Deconstructed Roasted Tomato Soup With Grilled Cheese SandwichFrom mystic_river1 5 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- 2 to 4 lbs roma tomatoes:halved and seeded shopping list
- 2 to 4 sweet onions cut in rounds and separated shopping list
- 1 or 2 garlic heads bottom cut off and tops cut as evenly as possible and wrap in foil leaving tops open shopping list
- extra special olive oil shopping list
- 1- 2 teasppon of fine ground thyme shopping list
- 1/2 - 1 tsp white pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt shopping list
- Thick slices of your favorite bread cut into cubes, placed in bowl and tossed with your favorite seasonings and a drizzle of oil. shopping list
- 1- 4 inch roll of goat cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350-375 degrees
- Place seeded tomatoes on sheet with rest of ingredients, including seasonings.
- Oil thoroughly and mix right in the pan until all coated and pour oil into garlic heads.
- Roast until onions are carmelized (for sweetness) and garlic is soft.
- Place in hot oven.
- Have croutons on another sheet with the foil and spread out. Place in oven about 15 minutes after tomato mixture.
- Remove and let cool on stove or rack.
- When cool remove all tomato skins ; squeeze out garlic cloves and place entire mixture in food processor or blender. Test flavor for added seasoning.
- Process to your desired consistency. Place in warmed large bowl- add roll of goat cheese in chunks; stir to make creamy, serve from large bowl into serving bowls and add croutons hot from oven on top.
- That's it! Enjoy!
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
- Not added to any groups yet!