Garlic Steak Chop Suey CasseroleFrom jkirk 3 years ago
- FOR THE STEAK: shopping list
- 1 lb. boneless round steak – Remove the fat, and cut into bite size strips shopping list
- 2 Tbs. olive oil shopping list
- 1 Tbs. soy sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch shopping list
- 1 Tbs. Minced garlic shopping list
- ¼ tsp. salt shopping list
- ¼ tsp. pepper shopping list
- FOR THE REST OF THE CASSAROLE: shopping list
- 1 Cup Chopped celery shopping list
- ½ Cup Chopped onion shopping list
- ½ Cup uncooked rice shopping list
- 4 tsp. soy sauce shopping list
- 1 Can cream of chicken soup shopping list
- 1 Can cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 1 ½ Cups water shopping list
- 2 ½ Cups Chow Mien noodles shopping list
How to make it
- In a large plastic storage bag, mix together the olive oil, 1 tbs. Soy Sauce, cornstarch, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the cut up steak to the bag, and mix together thoroughly. Set aside.
- Melt two Tbs. of butter in a large fry pan over medium high heat. Add the chopped celery and the onion to the pan. Sautee until the celery becomes soft, and the onion translucent. Remove from the pan and place mixture in a large mixing bowl.
- Add some more butter to the frying pan, and fry the steak until golden brown. You may have to work in two batches.
- Add the cooked beef to the mixing bowl along with the celery and onion. Add all the rest of the ingredients, and mix well. It will look kind of soupy, The rice will absorb the liquid as it bakes.
- Add the mixture to a greased casserole dish. Cover the dish and bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, remove from the oven, and top the casserole with 2 1/2 cups of Chow Mein Noodles. Return to the oven and bake an additional 1/2 hour, this time uncovered.
- Remove from the oven. Let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.