New York Style Pizza Dough !From williamgag 6 years ago
- In Baker's percent: shopping list
- 100% High gluten flour (King Arthur whatever is pretty cool) shopping list
- 61% water (if you have access to water from NY GET IT !) Eska water does the job also shopping list
- 1,5% of salt (Shitload of jewish in NY so kosher salt if possible ...) shopping list
- 1,0% of olive oil (uuhhh not really anything to add ...) shopping list
- 0,65% of fresh yeast (dont even dare using instant yeast, well use it but only put 1/3 of the showed quantity) shopping list
- Everything is calculate for the Weight ! shopping list
- ps: the water should be between 80° to 95° F shopping list
How to make it
- Put some of the water in a bowl, add the yeast, a PINCH of sugar and a pinch of flour, let the thing disolve. In another bowl, mix the rest of the water with the salt. Make sure the salt is PERFECTLY mixed in.
- Put about 1/3 of the flour in the yeast mixture, mix really well.
- Then add the salt water and make sure to remove the extra salt in the water. Mix well and throw the rest of the flour in. Mix slowly for 2 minutes, mix medium fast for 5 minutes until the flour has all been picked up by the dough.
- Now add the oil and mix for 2 minutes slowly and then knead the dough by hand or with a normal mixer until it develops a smooth satiny appearance. (generally 8minutes in a kitchen aid mixer). Knead until your dough reaches 85° in temperature.
- Place the balls at 2 inches at least of distance in a plastic container. Wipe them with oil. Place them in cooler for 2 hours and let them after in the fridge for 12 hours at least. Let them cool at room temperature for 2-3 hours then use !
- For the baking directions check out my other dough recipe (neapolitan one)