Hearty White Bean SoupFrom FavoriteFixins 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 lb italian sausage, sliced shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. crushed hot pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 cup red potatoes, cubed shopping list
- 1 sweet onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup carrots, sliced shopping list
- 1 lb. escarole, washed and chopped shopping list
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tsp thyme shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) navy beans shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a large saucepan on medium-high heat, add oil and cook next 6 ingredients for 5 minutes. Add Escarole, cook 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Stir in next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook 10 minutes. Drain and rinse beans, add to soup, cook 5 minutes more or until potatoes are tender.
- Sausages are easier to slice when slightly frozen.
- Orzo pasta or rice makes it even heartier!!!!
The CookFavoriteFixins Daytona Beach, Florida
- Not added to any groups yet!