Slow Cooked Stuffed PeppersFrom FavoriteFixins 5 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 6 green peppers washed, topped and seeded shopping list
- 1 Tbs. shortening (i.e. Crisco) shopping list
- 1 1/2 - 2 lb. ground beef or turkey shopping list
- 1 C. cooked rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 sm. onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tsp parsley shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 C. ketchup shopping list
- 1 8-oz. can tomato sauce w/ or w/o seasoning shopping list
How to make it
- Heat shortening in skillet and brown beef
- Combine meat and next 9 ingredients.
- Stuff bell peppers. Arrange bell peppers in large crock pot.
- Can be stacked.
- Pour tomato sauce over peppers.
- Cooker on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Notes: "Waste not, want not" that's what my mom always said. So when I cut the tops off the peppers, I chop them and add them to the meat mixture.