Beef Tenderloin Rolls with Blue CheeseFrom luisascatering 4 years ago
- 1 prime beef tenderloin, about 1 1/2 pounds shopping list
- 4-6 ounces blue cheese (I used Bleu d'Auvergne) shopping list
- a few tablespoons minced parsley shopping list
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, more if necessary shopping list
- 12 ounces haricot verts (or regular green beans), trimmed shopping list
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, for seasoning shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Sprinkle tenderloin with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium oven-proof skillet over medium high heat. Add tenderloin and brown on all sides. Transfer skillet to oven and bake 12-15 minutes until tenderloin is medium-rare and has reached an internal temperature of 120 degrees. Remove from oven, transfer tenderloin to a plate. Let cool to room temperature. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine blue cheese and heavy cream. Process until mixture is smooth and spreadable, adding more heavy cream if necessary. Add parsley. Transfer mixture to a small bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- Fill a medium bowl with ice and water. Set aside.
- Fill a medium saucepan with water. Bring to a boil. Add 1 teaspoon salt and green beans. Cook until color changes to bright green and beans are tender, about 2 to 5 minutes. Transfer beans with a slotted spoon to ice bath. Let stand until cool. Remove beans from ice bath with slotted spoon and pat dry. Set aside.
- Remove tenderloin from refrigerator. Thinly slice tenderloin. Tip: I froze mine for 1 hour then used a meat deli slicer to get super thin slices. If you don't have one, place slices between two pieces of plastic wrap. Gently pound with a mallet, being careful not to tear plastic wrap, until beef is very thin. Remove top sheet of plastic wrap and discard.
- Divide blue cheese mixture between the slices and spread thinly on each slice. Place 2-3 green beans in the center of each slice and roll beef around green beans. Place roll-ups on plate, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- TO PLATE:
- Slice each roll in half. You can insert each with a bambo skewer, if desired, and garnish with microgreens.