Baked Chicken Chow MeinFrom cuzpat 4 years ago
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast, cut in thin strips shopping list
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1 pound Chinese style steamed noodles or cooked thin egg noodles shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger shopping list
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onions shopping list
- 3 large dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked and thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 cups Chinese flowering chives or green onions, cut in quarters shopping list
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil shopping list
- 3 cups bean sprouts, tightly packed shopping list
- black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Combine chicken and marinade ingredients, mix well and set aside.
- Blanch noodles in large amount of boiling water for 1 minute or as per package instructions. Drain well and cool slightly.
- Fluff up noodles to allow drying. When dried, spread noodles loosely on large cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Heat oven broiler to medium high. Broil noodles for about 5 minutes on each side, checking frequently, until crisped but not burned. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat wok over high heat, add stock and bring to boil. Add ginger, onions, and mushrooms and cook for 1 minute. Add chicken and cook for 2 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Stir in bean sprouts. Season with pepper. Pour chicken mixture over noodles and serve.