Hearty Barley Side DishFrom gelfling545 5 years ago
- 2 Cups medium barley, cooked shopping list
- 1T butter shopping list
- 2T olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 Cup walnuts, lightly toasted shopping list
- 1 Cup mushrooms, any type or mixed, chopped shopping list
- 1 small onion finely diced shopping list
- 1T minced garlic shopping list
- 1 or 2 T basalmic vinegar or more to taste shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- fresh parsley, minced shopping list
How to make it
- Heat butter & olive oil in large skillet. Use all olive oil if you do not have real butter.
- Add onion & saute until yellow, then add garlic and mushrooms, saute briefly until mushrooms are just cooked.
- Add walnuts & cook a few more minutes stirring frequently.
- Add barley & heat through - keep stirring.
- Remove from heat, toss with basalmic, salt , pepper & minced parsley.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature. Tastes good either way. This can also be the basis for a main dish casserole with added meat. You can also increase the basalmic & serve at room temp. on salad greens.
The Cookgelfling545 Buffalo, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!