Phil's Spaghetti With Black MusselsFrom FavoriteFixins 4 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- 4 lbs fresh mussels, clean and remove beards (only use closed ones) shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1 lb cooked spaghetti or linguine (its important to salt the water when cooking), Al dente shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in olive oil about 1 minute.
- Add wine, oregano, thyme, red pepper flakes, black pepper, and 2 cups water, bring to a boil.
- Add mussels, lower to a simmer, cover pan, and cook for 6 to 8 minutes. Remove lid and throw away any unopened mussels. Taste and add salt. Put spaghetti in pot, toss with mussels and broth. Heat all the way through.
- Serve with a good crusty bread.
- Italians generally won't use grated cheese on a fish dish. It's a matter of preference. I always use grated parmesan!
- Mussels in a red sauce is my favorite way to prepare them.
People Who Like This Dish 2
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The CookFavoriteFixins Daytona Beach, Florida
- Not added to any groups yet!