Cream Of Butternut SoupFrom pleclare 3 years ago
- 1 c chopped onion shopping list
- 2 celery ribs,chopped shopping list
- 2 TB butter shopping list
- 2 cans(14-1/2 oz ea) chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1,2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 Bay leaf shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tsp tumeric shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 butternut squash(2-1/2 lb) peeled and cubed shopping list
- 3 med. potatoes,peeled and cubed shopping list
- 1-1/2 c milk shopping list
- 2 TB sherry or additiona broth(I use apple cider if I have it on hand) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray,cook onion and celery in butter till tender. Stir in broth,sugar,bay leaf,salt,ginger,tumericand cinnamon. Add the squash and potatoes. Bring to boil. Reduce heat,cover and simmer for 15-20 mins or till vegetables are tender. discard bay leaf.
- 2. Puree soup in pan with immersion blender or cool and blend in batches in blender. Return to pan.
- 3. Stir in milk,sherry or broth or cider and heat through. Do not boil!
- You can garnish with chopped pecans or sunflower kernals to give a little crunch and a dollop of sour cream Delicious!