Moist Persimmon Pudding CakeFrom mrcooksalot 3 years ago
- For the pudding: shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for the pudding mold shopping list
- 1 cup sugar 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 1 cup flour, sifted shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1 cup pureed persimmon pulp (3-4 very ripe) shopping list
- 2 tsp soda shopping list
- 2 tsp warm water shopping list
- brandy shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup seedless raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional shopping list
- brandy whipped cream sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Stir together sugar and melted butter. Re-sift flour with salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; add to butter mixture. Add persimmon pulp, soda, dissolved in warm water, 3 table spoons brandy and vanilla. Add eggs, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Add raisins and nuts, stirring just until mixed.
- Turn into buttered 5-6 cup steam-type mold. Cover and place on rack in steam kettle. ( I use a stock pot that will hold mold comfortably and allow for water to reach halfway). Pour in enough boiling water to reach halfway up sides of mold. Cover kettle or stock pot and let water gently simmer for 2 1/2 hours. Make sure that water is always simmering gently – you might have to add water during the 2 1/2 hours so the water level stays at halfway up the mold. DO NOT USE THE OVEN This is made on the stove – it is steamed, not baked. Let stand few minutes and then unmold onto serving dish. Pour about 1/4 cup of warmed brandy over pudding and flame. Serve with Brandy Whipped Cream Sauce. Makes 6-8 servings.
- Brandy Whipped Cream Sauce
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sifted powered sugar
- Dash salt
- 1 tablespoon brandy flavoring
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Beat egg until light and fluffy. Beat in butter, sugar, salt and brandy flavoring. Beat whipping cream untill stiff. Gently fold into egg mixture. Cover and chill.
The Cookmrcooksalot Denver, U.S.A.
- Not added to any groups yet!