Honey Olive Oil And Plum CakeFrom mystic_river1 5 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- unsalted butter, for greasing the pan shopping list
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup honey, preferably orange blossom honey shopping list
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2/3 cup milk shopping list
- 8 prune plums, halved and pitted shopping list
- Makes one 9-inch cake shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 9-inch round cake pan, line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper, and butter the parchment.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar for 2 to 3 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Whisk in the honey until thoroughly combined and then whisk in the olive oil and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture, then 1/2 of the milk, then 1/3 of the flour mixture, then the remaining ½ of the milk, and then the remaining 1/3 of the flour mixture, whisking for only a few seconds after each addition until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Transfer to the cake pan and arrange the plums cut side down over the batter.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until the edges of the cake start to shrink away from the pan and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for about 10 minutes.
- Run a paring knife around the inside of the cake pan, invert onto a cooling rack, and finish cooling completely.
- Cut into portions and serve.