Pumpkin Bars With Cream Cheese FrostingFrom FavoriteFixins 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1 T. pumpkin spice shopping list
- 1 T. orange rind shopping list
- 4 beaten eggs shopping list
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin (I can only find 15oz cans and that seems to work just fine) shopping list
- 1 cup cooking oil shopping list
- cream cheese frosting shopping list
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, softened shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups sifted powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a large mixing bowl stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, orange rind,pumpkin spice and cloves
- 2. Stir in the eggs, pumpkin, and oil till combined.
- 3. Spread batter in an ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- 4. Bake in a 350-degree oven 25 to 30 minutes or till a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 5. Cool for 2 hours on a wire rack.
- 6. MUST COOL BEFORE SPREADING ON FROSTING.
- 7. FROSTING: Beat together soft cream cheese; soft butter/margarine; and vanilla till light and fluffy.
- 8. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating well to reach spreading consistency.
- 9. Spread ontop of bars.
- 10.Top with chopped nuts
- 11. BEST WHEN SERVED REALLY CHILLED!
The CookFavoriteFixins Daytona Beach, Florida
- Not added to any groups yet!