Apple Cranberry CompoteFrom 3boysmama 3 years ago
- 2 Tbsp margarine or butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup orange juice shopping list
- 2 medium McIntosh apples, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 cup fresh or frozen whole cranberries shopping list
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries shopping list
- 1 Tbsp orange liquer shopping list
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated shopping list
- 1/8 tsp freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1 tsp orange zest shopping list
How to make it
- In a heavy medium-sized sauce pan, melt margarine or butter over medium-low heat. Stir in brown sugar and orange juice until smooth.
- Cook for 3 minutes, then stir in apples and cranberries. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in orange liquer, ginger, nutmeg, and orange zest. Continue cooking an additional 10 minutes or until whole cranberries pop and apples have softened.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Serve warm or room temperature.