Pumpkin Spice Layer Cake With Caramel And Cream - Cheese FrostingFrom mrcooksalot 5 years ago
- cake shopping list
- 3 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom shopping list
- 1 15-ounce can pure pumpkin shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange peel shopping list
- frosting shopping list
- 1 1-pound box powdered sugar, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, room temperature shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 3 candied orange peel shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour two 9-inch cake pans with 1 1/2-inch-high sides, tapping out any excess flour. Whisk first 9 ingredients in large bowl. Using electric mixer, beat pumpkin, sugar, and oil in another large bowl. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating to incorporate between additions. Mix in orange peel. Add flour mixture; beat on low speed just to blend. Divide batter between prepared pans.
- •Bake cakes until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 33 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Invert onto rack, then turn top side up and cool completely.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup powdered sugar over bottom of small nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat until sugar melts (do not stir). Continue cooking until sugar turns deep amber, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes. Carefully stir in 1/2 cup cream, vanilla, and salt (mixture will bubble vigorously). Stir until any caramel bits dissolve. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon cream. Strain into small bowl. Cool caramel to room temperature.
- Sift remaining powdered sugar into medium bowl. Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl. Gradually beat in powdered sugar. Beat in cooled caramel. Cover and chill frosting until firm enough to spread, about 2 hours.
- Using long serrated knife, trim rounded tops from cakes. Place 1 cake layer on cake plate, cut side up. Spread 3/4 cup frosting over. Place second cake layer, cut side down, atop frosting. Cover top and sides of cake with remaining frosting, creating smooth surface. DO AHEAD Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover with cake dome or large bowl and chill. Let stand at room temperature 2 hours before serving.
- Sprinkle candied orange peel over top of cake. Cut into wedges and serve.
The Cookmrcooksalot Denver, U.S.A.
- Not added to any groups yet!