Crab & Spinach Manicotti With Parmesean Cheese SauceFrom nativeprincess 5 years ago
- 1/2 lb crabmeat, flaked shopping list
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed & squeezed dry shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta shopping list
- 1/4 cups freshly grated Parmesean shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions shopping list
- 1 large egg, beated shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 12 manicotti shells, cooked & drained (don't overcook) shopping list
- Parmesean cheese sauce ingredients: shopping list
- 4 tbsp butter shopping list
- 4 tbsp flour shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesean shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp pepper shopping list
- Pinch of nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine crabmeat, spinach, cheeses, onions, egg & salt, mix well.
- Fill shells and place in a 9x13 glass baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray.
- To make Parmesean Cheese Sauce:
- In saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour, stir until bubbly. Add milk & stir until thickened, 2-3 minutes. Add cheese, salt , pepper & a pinch of nutmeg and stir until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
- Top manicotti with Parmesean cheese sauce.
- Bake uncovered, until bubbly,about 25-30 minutes.