Green Tomato MincemeatFrom windy1950 5 years ago
- 2 quarts (20 small) chopped green tomatoes shopping list
- 1 tbsp salt shopping list
- 1 orange shopping list
- 2 1/2 quarts (12 medium)pared, chopped apples shopping list
- 1 lb raisins shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup vinegar shopping list
- 2 tsps cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle salt over tomatoes, let stand 1 hour. Drain. Cover tomatoes with boiling water and let stand 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Grate rind and chop pulp of orange. Mix all ingredients together and cook until mixture is boiling hot.
- Pour, boiling hot into hot jars, leaving 1-inch head space. Remove air bubbles. Adjust caps. Process pints and quarts 25 minutes at 10 pounds pressure.
- NOTES: 1) If freezing, allow to cool before filling labeled ZipLoc bags, 2) Use 2 pints (1 quart) of mincemeat to make a pie.