Pork JerkyFrom Yinhomemade 5 years ago
- 500g pork Mince ** shopping list
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbsp shaoxing wine / rose wine shopping list
- 1 1 / 2 Tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 1 Tbsp dark soy sauce (soy paste) shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- **You can replace pork with beef or chicken. If lean mince being used prefer to add some cooking oil when marinate. shopping list
How to make it
- Marinate pork mince with above ingredients and mix well by stirring in one direction until the mince becomes gluey See Photo. Best to leave overnight in fridge to bring out the flavor or at least 2 hours.
- Prepare a piece of aluminum foil, a clean plastic sheet (can cut out from plastic bag) or plastic wrap.
- Placed pork mince in center of aluminum foil, covered with plastic sheet/wrap, first slightly flatten the mince using hand.
- Then use a rolling pin lightly flatten the mince, this is to even out the thickness of meat to enable better grill effect. See Photo
- Pre-heat the oven about 150 degrees Celsius, take off the plastic sheet, transfer the meat along with aluminum foil to a baking tray.
- Bake the meat in center of oven for 12 minutes. See Photo
- After 12 minutes, take out the tray, there will be gravy, ignore and place it aside, continue with other batch of meat at the same temperature until all cooked first.
- Once finished with last batch of meat, return to the first set of meat, by then the gravy might has been absorbed back. At this time, turn over the dried meat to another side.
- Transfer back the meat to the oven at higher rack. This time change the oven heat mode from bake to grill, and grill for another 8-10 minutes or until it has some charcoal effect. See Photo
- Take out the grilled meat and leave it aside to cool down before cutting into small strips.
- Great snacks and can be great to go with sandwiches.
The CookYinhomemade North Shore City, New Zealand
- Not added to any groups yet!