Homemade Roasted Garlic And Roasted Chili HummusFrom chefpriyanka 2 years ago
- 1 can of chickpeas drained shopping list
- 1 tbsp tahini Sauce shopping list
- 3 tbsp lemon juice (fresh or bottled) shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 head of garlic with the top trimmed off (do not separate cloves) shopping list
- 4-5 dried cayenne chilis (red-crushed pepper flakes can be substituted if you don’t have chilis) shopping list
- salt (pinch and about 1/2tbsp) shopping list
- coarse black pepper shopping list
- 1 tbsp and 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (try to get a good quality oil- really enhances the flavor!) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat a toaster oven (or conventional) to 400 degrees. Place the head of garlic in a sheet of foil. Break the dried chilis over the garlic to sprinkle the seeds. Drizzle with 1 tbsp oil, pinch of salt, and pinch of black pepper. Fold over the foil to create a packet, and place in the oven on the top rack for about 15 mins.
- 2. In a blender add the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, water (might need more or less depending in desired consistency), 1/2 tbsp salt, black pepper. Pulse until course, not smooth.
- 3. Remove the garlic from the over (careful, it’s hot!) and let stand for a couple minutes. Squeeze the cloves from the peel into the blender. Reserve 3-4 cloves for garnishing. Add the roasted chilis as well. Pulse 1-2 times. While grinding on a constant low speed, drizzle in the olive oil until the hummus is smooth, not liquidy. I like my hummus with a little texture, just so it gives a more rustic, homemade taste! Place on a serving platter, top with reserved roasted garlic cloves and a chili, drizzle with olive oil and serve!
The Cookchefpriyanka Staten Island, New York
- Not added to any groups yet!