Chilli MusselsFrom ralphdunlop 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed shopping list
- 2 small red chillies, deseeded, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste shopping list
- 1kg tomatoes, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1.5kg mussels, beards removed (see note) shopping list
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped shopping list
- crusty bread, to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a large, deep saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion is soft. Add tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomato, lemon rind, lemon juice, sugar and wine to pan. Stir until well combined. Increase heat to high. Bring sauce to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, for 8 to 10 minutes or until thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add mussels to sauce. Cover and cook, shaking pan occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until mussel shells open. Discard unopened shells. Ladle sauce and mussels into bowls. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with bread.
The Cookralphdunlop Perth, Western Austral
- Not added to any groups yet!