Cheese PieFrom ReneeAlex 3 years ago
How to make it
- Sift flour and a pinch of salt into a mixing bowl. Rub in the butter until mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add half of the grated cheese and mix to a stiff dough with the beaten egg and if needed a little cold water. Divide dough in half.
- Roll out one half on a floured surface to a circle large enough to fit a 9 inch flat plate. Press pastry onto the plate having greased and floured it first.
- Put sliced onion, sliced cheese and tomato in layers onto the pastry on the plate seasoning each layer with salt and pepper.
- Roll out remaining pastry to a circle large enough to cover the plate and its contents.
- Moisten the edge of the pastry and put the pastry lid onto the pie. Press edges together to seal. Trim and decorate. Sprinkle the remaining grated cheese on top.
- Place into a large roasting tin and bake on bottom of roasting oven for 15 minutes until golden.
- Transfer to top of simmering oven for 20 minutes.
- Tip: you might want to add more cheese, and that's fine! I always add a bit more of the mature cheddar, but you can use whatever cheese you like.
The CookReneeAlex Oslo, Norway
- Not added to any groups yet!