Japanese Finger FoodsFrom Dragonflies 4 years ago
- Buy the following in the Asian market: shopping list
- Vegan tempura cakes shopping list
- Tempura mix (powder) shopping list
- Inari pouches (they are vegan, fried tofu and come with ready seasonings) shopping list
- Japanese short grain rice shopping list
- Vegan tempura sauce shopping list
- Vegan soy sauce shopping list
- (I got creative and added seaweed seasonings to the rice) shopping list
- Anywhere: shopping list
- scallions shopping list
- cilantro shopping list
- tomato shopping list
- tofurkey shopping list
- garlic shopping list
- Organic medium firm tofu shopping list
How to make it
- Most ingredients are from the Asian market
- 3$ per person
- Cook the rice in the steamer
- Dip the tempura cakes in the tempura batter and lightly fry in sesame seasonings until golden
- Cut the the tofurkey, garlic, and lightly spray it with soy sauce and water. Keep adding water and soy sauce as needed to may sure the pan doesn't dry out and you have continues juices flowing in the pan. After 10 minutes add diced scallions, tomato and cilantro and mix gently for 2 minutes - don't overcook more than that.
- Once the rice is done, add the seasonings to the rice and stuff the Inari pouches.
- Dilute the tempura sauce by adding the exact amount of water as sauce to make it less over concentrated and place in side dish for dipping the tempura cakes.
The CookDragonflies Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!