Thick And Meaty Spaghetti Sauce With Ground TurkeyFrom gkwillow 4 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (whatever color you prefer!) shopping list
- 1 can mushrooms, drained shopping list
- 1 pound ground turkey shopping list
- garlic powder to taste shopping list
- dried basil to taste shopping list
- dried oregano to taste shopping list
- ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 (24 ounce) jar chunky pasta sauce shopping list
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute onions and bell pepper in olive oil until onions are translucent and the peppers are tender. Add the mushrooms, ground turkey, garlic, basil, oregano and ground black pepper; stirring frequently until the turkey is done.
- 2. Add the jar of pasta sauce and tomato paste. (I like to rinse out the jars/cans with a little red wine for extra flavor in the sauce) Simmer on very low heat for about 30 minutes for flavors to blend. Add water if necessary. Serve over your choice of pasta.
The Cookgkwillow City, State
- Not added to any groups yet!