Split Pea Soup - LightFrom mbelisle 3 years ago
- 2 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 carrots, chopped shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1 cup dried green or yellow split peas, picked over, rinsed, and drained shopping list
- 4 cups water shopping list
- 1/2 cup slivered Canadian bacon shopping list
- 1 tsp dried marjoram shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp pepper shopping list
- water to add when re-heating (soup thickens) shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium nonstick saucepan over medium heat, heat the oil. Saute the onion, carrot, and garlic until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the split peas and water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, stirring once, for about 1 hour, until the peas are tender.
- Add the Canadian bacon, salt, pepper and marjoram and heat to serving temperature.