Chicken And Turkey Sausage JambalayaFrom FavoriteFixins 5 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1Tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 Tbsp canola oil shopping list
- 6 chicken thighs, skin removed shopping list
- 1 lb smoked turkey sausage (keilbasa) shopping list
- 1 medium vidalia onion chopped shopping list
- 4 scallions sliced shopping list
- 1 green pepper chopped shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic chopped shopping list
- 1 large can San Marzano tomatoes shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock or water shopping list
- 2 cups brown rice shopping list
- 1 tsp. Old Bay shopping list
- 1 tsp cajun spice shopping list
- 1 tsp paprika shopping list
- 1 tsp oregano shopping list
- 1-2 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp celery salt shopping list
How to make it
- Cook rice according to pk directions.
- In large saucepan, heat oil and butter on medium/high heat. Brown chicken and sausage. Remove with slotted spoon, set aside.
- Cook onions pepper, scallions and garlic on medium heat for about 2-3 minutes. Return chicken and sausage to pot, add all the spices while stirring gently.
- After opening can of tomatoes, carefully tear each one over the pot. You could use kitchen scissors if you prefer, but either way, be careful as they squirt when you tear into them. Add tomato juice from can, plus 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil, then simmer until chicken is tender. Adjust seasonings to your own taste. Hot sauce can be added also.
- If using white rice, you can actually cook the rice right in the same pot during the last 15 minutes. I use brown rice and prefer to add it already cooked, when the chicken is done. I like a dry Jambalaya, but my family likes it on the soupy side. So I compromise with the 3 cups of liquid. I would use alot less if I were making it for myself. But it does tend to dry up a bit as it sits, so use your own judgement!
The CookFavoriteFixins Daytona Beach, Florida
- Not added to any groups yet!